Game Reviews
GAME REVIEW #1: MOST EFFECTIVE Learning Game
- Name of the game that taught you the MOST about its learning topic:
"What Would You Do?"
- What social issue or educational topic does the game explore?
It explores teenagers making decisions about what they should do in certain situations.
- What can you learn from this game?
I can learn that you should always think about what you're about to do before actually doing it. And it teaches me that there could be serious consequences to certain things that you do.
- What game genre is it? Do you think this genre is a good choice for creating a learning game? Why or why not?
This game is the genre of adventure. I think this is a good choice for creating a learning game because it requires careful thought and planning.
- Design Analysis (Does it look good? Does it clearly illustrate the issue or learning concept?)
I think this game looks really good and it clearly illistates the issue of making choices.
- Usability Analysis (Is it clear what you need to do as a player? Does it work well?)
It is very clear what you should do as a player, the instructions are helpful. And yes, it works well.
- Suggestions for improvement. How would you change the gameplay to make the learning and play experience work together better?
I would find better graphics for the game. And I would add more of a realistic ending to some of the outcomes.
- List 2-3 things that you would like to learn how to do (in terms of functionality, design or content)
I would like to learn how to create the boxes with the content in this game, how to create the characters, and how to insert the scroll bars.
GAME REVIEW #2: LEAST EFFECTIVE Learning Game
- Name of the game that taught you the LEAST about its learning topic:
"Bullseye"
- What social issue or educational topic does the game explore?
This educational topic explores the physics of how to fire a projectile.
- What can you learn from this game?
I can learn that you have to have really good aim to participate in archery.
- What game genre is it? Do you think this genre is a good choice for creating a learning game? Why or why not?
The game genre is sports. This game genre can be a good choice for creating some learning games but I don't think it is for this type of topic because it's hard to explain physics this way.
- Design Analysis (Does it look good? Does it clearly illustrate the issue or learning concept?)
It looks pretty good but I don't think it clearle illustrates the learning concept.
- Usability Analysis (Is it clear what you need to do as a player? Does it work well?)
I don't think it's as clear as it could be on what the player has to do. They might should have added instructions.
- Suggestions for improvement. How would you change the gameplay to make the learning and play experience work together better?
They could use better graphics and make it easier to move the bow and arrow.
- List 2-3 things that you would like to learn how to do (in terms of functionality, design or content)
I would like to learn how to draw a scene and how to make the characters move.
No comments:
Post a Comment